- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage. Information you choose to disclose publicly on the website (i.e., information which is viewable to other Website users) will not be considered Personal Information.
- Institute does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register.
- If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
- No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the Company or on the Website.
- In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
- If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information Does QArabic Academy Collect?
- We gather various types of Personal Information from our users, as explained more fully below.
- We may share certain types of Personal Information with third parties (as set forth in this Section and in Section III below). We collect the following types of information.
Information You Provide To Us:
- We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, during registration for evaluation or in our system, we collect Personal Information such as your name, user name, email address, IP address, browser information, and third-party account credentials (for example, your log-in credentials for Facebook or other third-party sites).
- We may collect other Personal Information you provide us through your use of our services, such as notes you compose about your contacts; however, these private notes will not be shared with other Website users, unless you choose to share them.
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
Information Collected Automatically:
- Whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested.
- Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer through your browser that allow us to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser to prevent or limit your computer’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of our Website’s best features.
- When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site), we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often customers use parts of the Website so that we can make the Website appealing to as many customers as possible.
- We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners, so that they can understand how often people use their services and our Website, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience.
- We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
Through our student portal, each student has access to a personal profile to access, review, and correct any personal information at any time.
When students cancel their accounts, we will retain their personal information for 12 months after which all the information will be deleted from our system and it will not be possible to retrieve progress records
E-Mail And Other Communications
- We may contact you, by email or other means; for example, we may send you promotional offers on behalf of other businesses or communicate with you about your use of the Website.
- The material is generic and informational in nature and does not rely on any behavioral or personal information (such as how well a student is performing in a curriculum) to provide targeted advertising to students.
- If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference through your account settings. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
- This confirmation helps us make emails more interesting and improve our service.
Will QArabic Academy Share Any Of My Information It Receives?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone.
Affiliated Businesses And Third Party Websites We Do Not Control
- In certain situations, businesses or third-party websites we’re affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Website (either alone or jointly with us).
- We may, for example, sell products or provide services jointly with affiliated businesses, or work with third-party websites to enhance your online experience.
- You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service.
- One such service may include the ability for you to choose to automatically transmit information you input on the Website to your profile on a third party website; for example, you may update your contact information on the Website and allow that update to also be reflected in your Facebook account.
- We have no control over the policies and practices of third-party websites as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to allow the automatic transmissions discussed above, please review all third-party websites’ policies before engaging in such automatic transmissions on the Website. In addition, we will only contract with future companies that adhere to the same Pledge principles that members do.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you.
For example, if you were to engage in a credit card transaction via the Website, we would need to allow a credit card processing company to verify the transaction; however, that company would only be authorized to use your credit card information to the extent we needed their assistance in completing your transaction.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we are reorganized or go through some other change of control, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
We will give you advance notice if your Personal Information will be transferred to a third party in this manner so that you can delete your account with us if you choose.
Protection Of Company And Others
We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records. All our services are hosted and integrated with Google cloud infrastructure which complies with the highest standards of information security such as SSL, data encryption, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Questions Or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to