Can a Muslim marry a catholic? Muslim scholars say that it is not permissible for a Muslim to marry non-Muslim women unless she is a Catholic, Catholic, or Jewish, so it is not permissible for him to marry someone of other than these two religions, and it is not permissible for a Muslim to marry the Magian, pagan or something similar.
Table of content
Can a Muslim marry a catholic?
- If a Muslim married a non-Muslim Catholic, she would feel respect for him and perform the rituals of her religion in safety and peace.
- Because he acknowledges her religion and believes in all the prophets and messengers with his belief and recognition that the religion of Islam is the dominant over all other religions and God’s final message to the world.
- And that our master Muhammad, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him and his family, is the seal of the prophets and messengers, and perhaps these good manners and this ease in dealings called her to love Islam and enter it.
- As for the non-Muslim, he is not a believer in our Master Muhammad, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him and his family, a prophet and messenger. If he marries a Muslim woman, she will not be able to perform her religion in safety and peace.
- She will not feel sufficient respect for her religion and for her Prophet, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him and his family, which makes married life anxious and destabilizing. As for Islam, it is an open system that believes in all the prophets and expands the hearts of its followers to all creation.
” Book your free trial now from our New Muslim course“
Is it permissible to marry a catholic?
When answering the question: Is it permissible to marry a Catholic, it can be said that God – Glory be to Him, the Highest – clarified in Surat Al-Ma’idah the ruling on marrying chaste women from the People of the Book, that is, Jews and Catholics.
Is it permissible to marry a married catholic?
The Islamic religion explicitly forbids marriage to a married woman, i.e. a married woman, even if she is from the People of the Book.
” Read also: Rules of second marriage in Islam“
What is the ruling on marrying a catholic without a guardian?
- The marriage of a Muslim to a Catholic woman requires that this woman is of true family and that she be chaste.
- If this is the case, then it is permissible for him to marry her, but the marriage must fulfill all its conditions in order for it to be valid.
- If the marriage takes place without the permission of the Catholic woman’s guardian, then the marriage is invalid because one of the main conditions of marriage is missing, and God Almighty knows best.
What are the conditions for a Muslim to marry a Catholic?
As mentioned previously, it is permissible for a Muslim to marry a Catholic woman, but with conditions, which are:
- To be sure that this woman is indeed from the People of the Book.
- That this woman is chaste.
- That the marriage of a Muslim to this Catholic does not cause any harm, because what is permissible in Islam is restricted so that no harm occurs from it.
- And it came from some scholars that Catholicity should not be hostile to Islam, and if it is hostile, it is not permissible for a Muslim to marry her, and God knows best.
” Read also: Age difference in marriage Islam“
What is the ruling on marrying a Catholic Catholic?
- The majority of jurists went to the permissibility of Catholic marriage, be it a Catholic or a Jew, for they do not forbid what God has permitted with the definitive text and decisive evidence.
- And if they have a general tendency not to recommend that for an apparent reason, but this is stronger and wiser in polytheism. Because polytheism does not have a deterrent or a source of debt to which it can return to prevent it from making a mistake.
- As for the People of the Book, it has in its religious teachings what invites it to virtues and protects it from error, such as honesty and truthfulness, good treatment and kindness, preventing betrayal, and hating what incites it.
- These good principles can be appealed to, and reassurance from them if the husband makes the best choice.
” Read also: Is secret marriage allowed in Islam“
What are the conditions for Muslim marriage?
- From the book after we learned that it is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a Catholic or Catholic woman. We get to know the most important conditions that must be observed before consummating this marriage between the two parties.
- The Muslim man must be sure and be absolutely certain that the woman he chose as a wife for him from among the People of the Book is actually a Catholic or a Jew.
- That the woman he chose bears witness to chastity and good morals.
- That the Muslim man does not suffer any harm as a result of this marriage.
- This woman of the Book should not be hostile to the teachings of the Islamic religion in general, because if she is hostile to him, it is not permissible to marry her at all.
” Read also: Can a wife divorce her husband in Islam“
What are the disadvantages of marrying a Catholic woman?
- After we touched on the conditions for consummating the marriage with a woman of the Book, we must know that there are damages that occur as a result of this marriage to her.
- The going of Muslim men to marry non-Muslim women of the Book increases the rate of spinsterhood among the ranks of Muslim girls.
- Also, in light of the present time in which we live, the man who is going and marrying a Catholic woman in a non-Muslim country, the marriage contract between the two parties is done according to the texts of the laws of that country. Therefore, the guardianship of the woman or the children from this marriage does not go to the man, but to the woman.
- Also, this marriage may cause harm to the children, as the father will not be able to teach his children the teachings of the Islamic religion, and therefore the son may be forced to follow his mother’s religion no matter what.